Ten years ago when I first got my start in network marketing, I struggled more with sponsoring than in anything I’d ever attempted in my whole life. I mean I did very well in school, was good at sports (except for basketball), and was even recruited into the Naval Nuclear Engineering Program after graduation, so naturally I assumed that I’d be just as successful in my new business. Makes sense, amirite?
Not so much…
I was doing everything my upline told me to do, but no matter what I tried I just couldn’t reach my MLM recruiting goals. Ring any bells?
Here’s the reason that I’m taking the time to write this article – I don’t want you to struggle endlessly in MLM like I did. Plus, I figure that if if this article helps you with your MLM recruiting, you’ll probably return the favor by sharing this with some other people who may be struggling as well. *hint*:D
Anyways, after many years of hard work, struggle, and persistence, I finally began recruiting MLM distributors, almost at will. If you commit to doing what I’m going to show you today, it will absolutely put you on the fast track to hitting any MLM recruiting goals that you’ve set for your business.
Here are 5 amazingly simple things you can begin implementing immediately, and if you put forth some concentrated effort every day for the next 100 days, you will begin recruiting 1-3 people every week (some would even say per day) into your company.
1. Stop spending huge amounts of money on “rah-rah” seminars, books, and courses. Seriously. If you haven’t already, the only book I’d recommend you get is Magnetic Sponsoring by Mike Dillard, because it’ll teach you the principles you need to understand if you ever want to stop chasing after people and begging them to join your business. Otherwise, skip the latest and greatest course or seminar that claims it will revolutionize your business.
Here’s why: you’ll be better off spending the money on a few inexpensive tools you’ll require to achieve your MLM recruiting goals FASTER than you you’ve imagined. Since there is only so much money and time that you’ll be able to spend on building your business, you’re going to need the time, money, and energy that you’re spending right now going to hotel meetings, attending seminars, or studying the newest course to invest into real money-making activities.
2. The next thing is you’re going to need to change your focus to the same activity that the top MLM recruiters have all accomplished, and that is BUILDING A LIST of qualified prospects. Notice I said building and not purchasing. Buying a list of “opportunity seekers” is the most expensive way to waste weeks chasing people who aren’t truly serious and is the quickest path to MLM recruiting hell. I’ve done it and would have quit the network marketing industry a long time ago if I had to keep doing that. Take it easy, Brian…
All you’re going to focus your efforts on for the next 100 days is building your list (and maximizing your recruiting from your list, of course). No cold calling, buying “opportunity leads”, or bothering your friends and family for the 12th time, alright? There are A LOT of ways to build your list, but in my opinion the best way is through the Internet as you’ll see.
3. Set up an online network marketing system with your videos, training, and content to educate your prospects on our industry and to spotlight your knowledge as a potential sponsor. You have to quit endlessly promoting your company-replicated website and/or your upline’s site, because it show show YOUR true value as a leader.
Think about it – If you’re going about your MLM recruiting by sending people to your upline’s website, they’ll most likely want to join your upline’s business instead. That’s not what we want, right? The pinciple behind this is something that all of the top earners have been implementing for the past 45 years when their downlines were running around town distributing tapes, CD’s, DVD’s, etc. of them to their prospects. That’s a subject for another time, though…
You don’t want to spend a lot of time building websites in the beginning either. It’s extremely time-consuming and burns through hours that you could be spending promoting your website and building your list. Hitting your MLM recruiting goals is the end target of all of your efforts, and frankly you’ll most likely get frustrated and quit before the 100 days are up if you are spending weeks trying to build capture pages on a website. I use a system that allows me to customize it however I want, but you can also hire someone to design a basic website for you relatively inexpensively (usually under $1000).
4. Next you need to set up a recruiting funnel to market affiliate products to your list while still sharing your value as a leader. Realistically, it takes a little bit of time to cultivate enough quality relationships with your prospects to effortlessly hit your MLM recruiting goals of 1-3 per week, so the best way to boost your cash flow in the short term with your list is to offer them valuable services and products. This will with your immediate cash flow needs to cover your expenses as you’re getting started. Make sure you only only offer products of real value that will truly help these people whether or not they join your opportunity, and they will LOVE hearing from you.
Just don’t forget to continually provide valuable content as well, or you could risk losing people if all you do is try to sell products. Don’t forget, the main purpose of your list is to showcase yourself as a leader in this industry.
5. Commit to the process for the entire 100 days. Make videos, build relationships through Facebook and Twitter, produce articles, but do whatever it takes until you’re adding 25 people everyday to your list. If you don’t know how, there are many resources that can show you how to do it (I’m currently putting together a comprehensive training bootcamp that will show my process, so watch out for that if you’re having problems).
Imagine for a moment how your life will be different when you have people contacting you and asking to hear about your business. How will that affect your MLM recruiting results?
All you need to do is to move forward and commit yourself to following this outline for the next 100 days. If you do, you’ll be able to recruit distributors into your company at will who will be grateful to have you in their life.